Renew your private membership
Easily renew your private membership online when it suits you.
Looking for information on how to become a private member? Find out here.
Private Figure Skating Timetable
We’ve recently moved our timetable to RecTimes. Changes and updates to the schedule will now be instantaneous, for the most accurate information. View all of the Figure Skating Practice Sessions on Rink 1 and 2.
By purchasing a figure skating membership, members agree to the following terms and conditions outlined below.
- Members must be medically sound to undertake ice skating training and agree to use C.I.A. facilities at their own risk. Members are aware that exercise is physically demanding, and participation in some activities may pose a risk to their health. Members agree to the standard risk conditions that are displayed at C.I.A. reception.
- Members agree to abide by the C.I.A. etiquette guidelines, which are subject to change without advance notice.
- Figure skaters and synchronized skaters must possess a valid membership in order to access private sessions at C.I.A. The membership card will allow the member access to the building. Members are required to tag in with their membership card prior to entry.
- Additional member cards can be purchased by parents/guardians at a cost of $15 per card, which will grant access to the building.
- A member is an individual figure or synchronized skater. The member must have their own skates, and have completed the Learn to Skate program or equivalent (approved by C.I.A. management) or be invited by a coach (see introductory membership in membership type section).
- Members acknowledge these sessions are for training and not play (chasey etc). Play time in public sessions. Refer to etiquette guidelines for more information.
- Memberships can be purchased in 30, 90, 180 or 365 day blocks. Membership prices vary according to membership type. For new members the membership term is activated the day the membership is purchased. For existing members the membership term will recommence on the day after the expiry date. New prices effective October 1, 2015. Prices are subject to review yearly.
- First time generation of a membership and membership card is free, however any members who let their membership lapse for a period of seven days and then wish to renew their membership will be required to pay a $30 reactivation fee upon their return. C.I.A. is unable to activate a profile that has been lapsed for longer than 6 months. If the member choses to return after 6 months, the member will need to have a new profile created. Any loyalty points earned by the deleted profile will be lost.
- Members can suspend their membership for any reason, provided the duration of the suspension is 30 – 180 consecutive days. Members must advise C.I.A. via email to email@example.com two days before the member recommences skating after suspension, so the profile can be reactivated (or doors will not open). An administration fee of $30 will apply to any member wishing to suspend their membership (minimum term of suspension is 30 days) for the following reasons: A. Holiday/ general suspensions . In order for the suspension to be granted the member must apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 14 days prior to the proposed suspension date. C.I.A. will recommence the unused portion of your membership upon your return. Members will not be granted a suspension if they apply after the holiday. B. Injury suspensions . In order for the suspension to be granted, the member must present a medical certificate within 30 days of the date of injury.
- As of 2015 we will be open all year excluding Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year’s Day. These days do not form part of your membership and therefore no credit will be issued for these days. If you wish to suspend your pass for any holiday period please refer to clause 9.
- A flat rate late fee of $30 will apply to any membership overdue by more than 7 days. If your membership expires, your swipe cards will not allow access to any part the building. Please attend during staffed hours.
- Members who allow access to non-members or members with lapsed membership will immediately lose their membership privileges. The doors are under 24 hour CCTV surveillance. This is for members’ personal safety as well as business reasons. During non-staffed hours (normally early mornings), if a member does not have their card, they will not have access to any part of the building. The member should not expect or ask anyone else (including coaches) to let them into the facility. Even if the building is staffed, members must tag in with their membership card at all times.
- In the event of a lost or stolen card, a replacement card can be created at a cost of $30 per card.
- Current health legislation prohibits the changing of shoes and skates in the café or restaurant. All members must use the changing rooms, toilets or grandstand to get changed.
- No refund or credit will be given for any issued membership if the member ceases their skating career for whatever reason (including injury).
- C.I.A. reserves the right to cancel any session or change the timetable at short notice. No credit will be issued for these cancelled sessions. Skaters will be notified via email prior to the session cancellation. An automatic membership extension will be granted in the following circumstances: If a major event is being held and all sessions are cancelled or Maintenance shut down results in no sessions for more than 3 consecutive days.
- Members must provide a valid email address and phone number for all communications.
- At this stage membership does not grant access to the ballet room – the ballet room must be hired. Coaches will hire the room for off-ice training and skaters are welcome to enquire about hiring the room.