Skate 4 Nate Fundraising Ticket – 3rd August 2019, 5pm – 7pm
As our first Give Back Initiative, Bateman Primary School P&C is raising funds to put towards fundamental therapy for one of our Bateman families.
By purchasing a ticket and joining us at Skate 4 Nate, you will be making a difference in Nate’s life by helping us raise money to put towards his therapy. Bring your friends, family, and even your neighbours for an exciting ice-skating evening. There will be prizes, a DJ and so much more.
Date: Saturday 3 August
Time: 5-7 pm
Included in your ticket price:
- regular skate hire
- 2 for $35 return pass for the next time you visit.
Out of stock
At 3 years old, Nate has already endured more than most of us would in a lifetime. Before he was born, he already had 4 in-utero surgeries. He was born with several rare, complex and life-threatening conditions. He spent the first 9 months of his life in hospital, including months on life support, multiple surgeries to his brain and the vessels around his heart. There were many setbacks during this time. Nate suffered multiple strokes. This has resulted in him having Cerebral Palsy, which affects all 4 limbs and his trunk.
Nate has been receiving various therapy since the beginning of his journey. Earlier this year Nate was able to participate in an intensive therapy program where he flourished in leaps and bounds! For 2.5 hours a day, 3 days a week for 4 consecutive weeks, Nate was able to significantly progress his language, communication, fine motor and gross motor skills.
The younger the brain, the more pliable it is, so intervention in the early years is crucial. As such, the Fearnall family is currently raising funds to continue with further therapies.
Unfortunately, this program is not covered by private insurance nor medicare. The Fearnall family must raise up to $10,000 per block of intensive therapy.
Let’s try to raise the full amount!!!
Want to follow Nate’s journey?
Check out his Facebook page Nate’s Journey
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- For further information about this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regular skate hire is included in the price. Guests can upgrade to platinum rentals at an extra cost
- Skating aids are available at an extra cost. These are sold on a first come, first served basis, so we encourage you to arrive early if you would like to hire an aid
- No fundraising ticket family passes are available
- Cockburn Ice Arena prides itself on being an all inclusive venue. Carers are admitted free with a Companion Card. If you would like to purchase a ticket for a wheelchair bound guest, please contact email@example.com
- Ice skating is undertaken at your own risk
- Ice skating is not recommended if you are pregnant, have a heart condition or a pre-existing injury or for children under 3 years
- If you purchase a ticket and fail to attend the event you will not be reimbursed for the cost of the ticket
- You ticket also includes a bonus 2 for $35 discount voucher, where 2 people can skate for $35. This can also only be used once at any public session. Please collect this from our reception when you come in to use your fundraiser ticket
- Ticket can only be used once. Duplicate tickets will not be accepted.
- Lockers are available to secure your personal belongings
- A Transperth bus stop is at the front gate