Winter Hockey Camp – Ages 6 to 12
11 July – 15 July
About the Camp
Join us this Winter for a camp with a difference! A collaboration between Cockburn Ice Arena and NRG Ice Hockey Academy, our Winter Hockey Camp will see you honing your skills at both Cockburn Ice Arena and NRG’s Dry-Land hockey training facility!
Players will be part of skill building, group drills, SAGs (small area games), classroom sessions and off ice development at NRG’s off ice training facility. This camp will provide players the opportunity to fine tune their existing skills and challenge them to learn new skills and apply them in a game situation.
Our Winter hockey camp will have a strong emphasis on skill development, including:
ON THE ICE
- stick handling
- passing and shooting
OFF THE ICE
- Positional play and hockey theory in fun and engaging classroom sessions
- Understanding healthy eating habits and nutrition
- How to be a respectful teammate
- Having fun with team building activities
AT NRG’S ‘FACTORY’
- Individual shooting and passing skills
- Face off skills
- Speed training
- Team building games
- Small area games and competitions
Matti Luoma: Head Ice Hockey Academy coach, current head coach of the Australian Men’s National team, with years of coaching experience and a university coaching degree in ice hockey.
Barry Jones: Director of NRG Hockey Academy, experienced IHA coach.
Sasha King: Current Ice Hockey Academy coach, and goalie for Perth Inferno.
Drew Robson: Represented Perth in the AJIHL, Delta Hockey Academy Canada graduate
Skaters aged 6 to 12, who are either:
- CIA Hockey Academy players in Play the Game 1 or higher
- Club level players and goalies from any club
- 7.5 hours of ice time
- Bus transfer from Cockburn Ice Arena to NRG Ice Hockey Academy
- 7.5 hours off ice training at NRG Ice Hockey Academy
- Children will be supervised the whole time, so they can be dropped off by parents
Monday 11th – Friday 15th July
- 8:45am: Drop off at Cockburn Ice Arena for warm up
- 9:30am – 11am: On ice
- 11:30am – 12pm: Lunch at Cockburn Ice Arena
- 12pm – 12:30pm: Classroom session
- 12:30pm – 1pm: Transfer to NRG
- 1pm – 3pm: Dryland at NRG
- 3pm – 3:30pm: Parent pickup from NRG
What to bring
- Full ice hockey gear required
- All players need to bring a packed lunch daily
- Bring dryland clothes, towel, a hat, water bottle and sneakers for dryland sessions
In the event of a participant being unable to attend due to COVID-19, credits or refunds will be applied.
9 in stock