TERMS & CONDITIONS
Cockburn Ice Arena terms & conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all users of the facilities and programs at Cockburn Ice Arena at 401 Progress Drive, Bibra Lake, Western Australia. By entering Cockburn Ice Arena, you are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions with Cockburn Ice Arena Pty Ltd.
GENERAL ICE SKATING SESSIONS
Please read the following policies prior to entry. Like all sports, there is always an element of risk, however these can be minimised by following our recommendations.
1. General Session Entry Conditions:
a) We reserve the right to refuse entry to any person (skater or spectator) who is deemed to be intoxicated with alcohol and/or drugs.
b) Ice skating is performed at the skater’s own risk. Ice skating can be dangerous and involves a significant degree of physical exertion and risk. It is the skater’s responsibility to maintain reasonable control of his/her speed at all times whilst skating, and to skate within their own skill and ability limitations. Each customer is responsible for his/her own safety. Cockburn Ice Arena is not responsible for any loss, death or injury that may occur.
c) Lockers are provided to secure your valuables. Staff cannot take any responsibility for items left unattended, and are also unable to personally look after your belongings.
d) Smoking is not permitted inside the venue, and is required to be conducted at a minimum of 15 meters from the arena entry.
e) External food or drink is not permitted on the premises. Items will be confiscated and may be collected by the customer from reception at the end of the session. In the case of severe food allergies, please consult with management.
f) During night sessions, Cockburn Ice Arena reserves the right to view the contents of bags and backpacks prior to entry. Open water bottles will be emptied prior to entry, but may be refilled at our water fountain outside of cafe. This is to prevent the high risk of injury and antisocial behaviour associated with consumption of secreted alcohol on the premises.
g) In the unlikely event of an accident or injury, please present to staff so a trained First Aid Officer may assess you.
h) Any refunds for general sessions will be at the discretion of management, and no further discussion will be entered into. If you have entered the arena and have skated on the ice, regardless of duration, there are no grounds for refunds.
i) Tickets are valid for 12 months from date of purchase
j) Online tickets are non-refundable unless as required by law.
2. Assumption of Risk:
By entering the Arena, both skaters and spectators agree that they have knowledge of, and assume the inherent risks of ice skating which include (but are not limited to) the following (to prevent injury, helmets are available for use):
a) Any Injuries Resulting From:
i) Collision or contact with other skaters/individuals on the ice.
iii) Contact with objects/artificial structures that are within the skaters intended path of travel.
iv) Wet flooring or floor coverings that have been moved out of position.
b) Ice Skating is NOT Recommended For:
i) Pregnant women, Those in their second or third trimester will not be permitted to skate.
ii) Children under the age of 3 years.
iii) Any person with a heart condition.
iv) Any person with an existing injury.
v) Any person who is a first time skater (or not skated for many years), and is over 55 years of age. This is due to an increased risk of musculoskeletal injuries. If a person meets these conditions and still chooses to skate, they may be required to sign a release of liability waiver.
vi) Due to certain clauses in our insurance policy, people weighing over 120kgs and/or lacking a reasonable level of fitness will not be permitted to skate due to an increased risk of injury. We highly recommend that if you are suffering weight issues as a result of a medical condition, that you obtain appropriate medical advice before undertaking any form of ice skating.
3. It is Forbidden to:
a) Consume any alcohol in or around Rink 1, our general skating rink.
b) Attend the venue under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
c) Climb over the Arena barrier.
d) Sit on the Arena barrier.
e) Dig or chip holes in the ice or throw ice or snow.
f) Skate excessively fast, against the flow of skaters, or in a fashion that is deemed to be dangerous.
g) Carry a child whilst skating (regardless of relationship to the child or skill level).
h) Film or photograph any child (excluding a child that is related to you), without the express permission of the parents or guardians in attendance with the child in question. By entering the Arena, you agree that staff may photograph or film you for advertising, marketing or promotional purposes without the customers’ express permission and without any expectation of remuneration.
i) Consume food or drink on the ice.
j) Walk on the ice without skates or cleats.
Failure to obey staff instructions regarding these issues may result in expulsion from Cockburn Ice Arena.
a) Season passes are available in 6 month and 12 month variants.
b) Season passes are strictly for the pass holder to use exclusively, and may not be shared with others.
c) Season passes are for timetabled general sessions only.
d) The pass holder must have their own skates.
e) The pass will commence on your nominated date, selected at the time of purchase.
f) Please allow up to 3 days for new passes to be processed and available for pick up. For example, a pass purchased online on a Friday may not be ready for collection until Monday.
g) Your pass will have a profile unique to you associated with it, and must be scanned upon entry.
h) Lost or stolen passes will incur a $15 replacement fee.
ICE SKATING AND ICE HOCKEY LESSONS
1. Safety Equipment and Recommended Clothing
a) We recommend wearing gloves, thick socks and clothing which covers arms and legs whilst skating.
b) We highly recommend all skaters wear helmets while on the ice. Complimentary helmets are available near the Rink 1 entrance.
c) Ice hockey programs have specific equipment requirements. Students are not permitted on the ice if these requirements aren’t met. These requirements are outlined in the course material.
2. Membership Cards
a) Upon joining any Cockburn Ice Arena program you will become a member in our POS system. You will receive a complimentary member card, and a profile will be created linked to that card. This card can be used indefinitely for all Cockburn Ice Arena programs.
b) When re-enrolling for any Cockburn Ice Arena program, the card will be updated by Cockburn Ice Arena staff with new term dates for access, once you have paid your fees in full.
c) To gain access to the ice for classes or general sessions please swipe at the computer with the blue screen, where your name will come up on the screen as it logs your attendance. Please also show this card to get rental skates, or a skate hire attendant may send you back to reception to get a token. For any further information please see one of our receptionists.
d) Outside of the term dates You have paid for, Your membership will become “unfinancial” on our member system and an alarm will sound if you attempt to gain access to sessions, unless you have purchased a holiday pass.
e) Lost or stolen scan cards will incur a $15 replacement fee. Members are encouraged not to lose, throw out, break, punch holes in or destroy their cards as there will be a $15 replacement fee charged for a new card to cover the cost of the new card, coding and labour required to make alterations to your profile, and to cancel your previous card so no one else can use it.
3. Missed Lessons
Please check that you are available to attend all classes on your selected day as no refunds will be given. There will be no make-up classes or credits if you miss your lesson on your selected day. COVID-19: If the arena is mandated to close due to a second COVID-19 outbreak in Western Australia, customers will receive a credit to their account to the value of the missed lessons.
Cancellations must be made 1 week prior to the program commencement date in order to receive a credit for the term. A refund will only be given where a student withdraws prior to course commencement due to a serious illness, injury or disability that prevents them from attending the course (medical certificate required). After the start of the course a pro-rata credit may be considered for serious medical conditions only (medical certificate required) and notice must be given within 14 days from the day the injury occurred. An administration/cancellation fee of $30 will apply in all the above circumstances. There are no other grounds for refunds.
5. Late Enrolments
a) There are no discounts for late enrolments. Late enrolments will not be accepted past Week 2 unless You are a returning member who has completed Basic 2, and there is room in a class for your level.
b) No late new enrolments or re-enrolments will be accepted in Week 3 of the term without an on ice assessment.
6. Assessments for Non-beginners
a) Skaters signing up to our program for the first time or transferring from other rinks / countries should request an assessment if they do not wish to be placed in a beginner class.
b) Assessments must be booked prior to commencement of the term.
c) Full payment for your selected course is required for a free assessment.
d) No assessments will be offered after skater has attended the first class.
7. Assumption of Risk
Students must read and sign a risk warning outlining the following in order to participate in any Cockburn Ice Arena program:
Ice-skating, the use of the ice-skating rink and the use of ice skates are subject to risks. These include death, serious head, hand, wrist, knee and ankle injuries and lacerations. If you have a pre-existing medical condition, it is important that you seek medical advice before participating in this activity.
a) Fundraising tickets will be available for sale online via a link on the Cockburn Ice Arena website, after a signed copy of the Fundraising Contract is received. A link will be provided once generated.
b) Tickets must be presented at the door. These can either be printed or presented to our staff on a mobile device.
c) Only original tickets will be accepted. Customers with duplicate tickets will not be admitted entry using those tickets, but can pay full price at reception. These funds will not be a part of the fundraising total.
d) If the 1 year expiry date ticket option is selected, instead of holding an event on a specific date, your guests will be given a 6 week period in which to purchase their tickets. They will then have 12 months from the end of this period in which to redeem their tickets.
a) Cockburn Ice Arena will reimburse the fundraising group the balance owed to them within 14 business days of the event. Should the 1 year expiry option be chosen, reimbursement will be made within 14 days after the end of the 6 week sale period.
a) No refunds will be made to the guest for non attendance to the fundraising event. The organiser will still receive their 50% share of the ticket price.
a) Soliciting our regular customers in the car park is strictly prohibited. Failure to follow this guideline will result in the group in question being banned for hosting another event at Cockburn Ice Arena.
b) Any tickets sold through solicitation in our car park will not be reimbursed to the organiser and will not count towards the fundraising total. Please note that arena staff regularly patrol the area to deter and prevent this behaviour.
5. Booking a Private Session
a) The minimum number of skaters required to book a private session is 150, the maximum 600.
b) Private sessions for fundraising groups are generally held on Saturday from 5pm – 7pm. This is normally a timetabled general ice skating session, therefore advanced notice is required to give us adequate time to alter our timetable and publish the changes.
c) If a private session is booked and two days prior to the event ticket numbers haven’t reached 150, the organiser will be required to purchase the additional tickets to make the total up to 150. They may then pass on those tickets to other guests through a private arrangement.
Alternative fundraising options are available. Please contact email@example.com for any further enquiries.
SCHOOLS & VACATION CARE
The following documents are available to schools and vacation care groups:
Cockburn Ice Arena will provide a comprehensive safety brief prior to students getting on the ice.
a) It is highly recommended that school groups spend no more than 2 hours on the ice.
b) The General Ice Skating Sessions terms and conditions outlined above apply to schools and vacation care groups.
c) We advise warm clothes (jackets, gloves, beanies) particularly for people sitting in the stadium. For the skaters, a pair of nice, warm thick socks are essential. Students must wear long pants, if not they will not be permitted to skate.
d) Schools/vacation care groups are encouraged to have one teacher/supervisor on the ice per 10 paying students. One teacher/supervisor is permitted to skate for free per 10 students.
e) Student are encouraged to bring a bike helmet. Complimentary safety helmets are available for use and are strongly encouraged.
a) If the number of skaters noted above increases or decreases by 20 students or more, you agree to advise us 7 days prior to your booking for staffing purposes.
a) The following forms of payment are accepted: Cash, EFTPOS, credit card, cheque, direct transfer.
b) Schools wishing to be invoiced must pay by cheque or direct transfer, and provide a Purchase Order prior to the event.
c) Invoices are provided after the event so that accurate numbers are reflected, however quotations can be provided upon request prior to the event.
4. School Lunches
a) If preordering food and drinks from Frostbite Cafe, the order must be placed at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
b) Any alterations to the order after this date can not always be guaranteed, however Cockburn Ice Arena will try to accommodate them.
a) Any cancellations must be made with a minimum of 48 hours notice. Failing to notify Cockburn Ice Arena of any cancellation may result in a cancellation fee of 20% charge of the booking total.
b) If the school/group has booked a coach and the booking is cancelled within 48 hours of the event date, the coaches fee is non-refundable.
a) A signed Function Contract must be returned in order to confirm your booking.
a) A 50% non refundable booking deposit of the total quoted package price is required at least 6 weeks prior to the event date. The balance of the package price is due upon completion of event. All deposits and payments are accepted via cash, EFTPOS, company cheque, money order or money transfer (at least one week prior to event for clearance purposes). Invoices can be arranged upon request with 14 day terms.
b) Fees for on-ice characters and decorations sourced from external suppliers are non refundable if the booking is cancelled within one week of the function date.
c) Prices may vary due to group size and requirements.
3. Food and Beverages
a) For catering purposes, selections must be finalised at least one week prior to the event and no reduction in catering requirements will be accepted one week prior.
b) A guaranteed minimum number of guests attending the function is required 14 days prior to the event for catering and staffing purposes. This will be the minimum number the client is charged for, regardless of attendance on the function date.
c) For ordering purposes, advance notice of at least 14 days is required to cater for specific dietary requirements.
d) Cockburn Ice Arena supports safe and responsible consumption of alcohol. No alcohol is permitted outside the restaurant/bar area. Skating under the influence of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
e) Our staff will take measures to ensure guests consume alcohol without becoming a danger to themselves, fellow guests or staff. Cabin 401 staff have been trained in the practice of RSA and management supports the actions of staff in refusing to serve intoxicated, disorderly or underage patrons, in accordance with the Responsible Service of Alcohol Act.
f) The service of alcohol at Cockburn Ice Arena is in accordance with our Special Facility Liquor License and WA RSA legislation, and no BYO or take away is permitted.
g) All guests must be over 18 to consume alcohol (Current Driver’s License, WA Proof of Age Card or Passport is required)
h) While all care is taken in relation to food allergies and intolerances advised to us by our clients, we cannot be held responsible for any adverse reaction by any guest to the food prepared by us.
a) Notice of cancellation must be received in writing.
b) If a cancellation is made less than four weeks prior to the function date, there will be no refund.
c) Cancellations made more than four weeks before the function, will be entitled to a refund of monies paid, less the non-refundable booking fee.
a) Any quote is valid for 60 days.
b) All prices quoted are current at the time of quotation and GST inclusive unless specifically mentioned and may be subject to change without prior notice after our 60 day quotation period.
c) The client acknowledges that all items quoted for are subject to supplier availability and seasonality, and all pricing is current at the time of quotation.
d) Please advise Cockburn Ice Arena of the total number of expected guests for staffing, purchasing and catering purposes.
e) Layout of seating can be altered to suit your function needs at an additional cost.
f) Indemnity and damages – Cockburn Ice Arena does not assume responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to any property belonging to the client, the clients guests or invitees; or for any injury sustained during their time at Cockburn Ice Arena. Any damages to any property will be the financial responsibility of the client. By returning the Function Contract, the client agrees to accept the standard terms of risk of Cockburn Ice Arena displayed at our entrance, viewable upon request.
g) In the extremely rare event of mechanical failure and no ice surface being available, your event will be rescheduled to suit your needs at the earliest possible convenience.
h) Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the venue or within 20 metres of any entrance.
i) Displays and signage – nothing is to be nailed, screwed, stapled or adhered to any wall, door or any other surface or part of the building without permission from Cockburn Ice Arena management.
j) Security – Cockburn Ice Arena reserves the right without liability to exclude or eject any or all objectionable persons from the premises. Cockburn Ice Arena reserves the right to request the client to have mandatory security for functions if deemed necessary, or alternatively be liable for the provision of security by Cockburn Ice Arena.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further enquiries.
When booking a birthday party with Cockburn Ice Arena, you agree to and accept the following terms and conditions:
a) Must be made through our online booking system to confirm and secure your booking.
b) Bookings can only be made with a minimum of 7 days lead time. If you are wanting to book a party on a date unavailable in the online booking system, please contact Reception for assistance and availability.
c) Free Party Room Offer: Not Applicable for the Snow Frills Package. Offer only applies when you have 15 or more guests, and book a penguin package or greater.
d) Weekend Parties: No changes will be accepted after 12 noon on the Friday before your party.
a) A 50% booking deposit is required on all packages and party extras at the time of booking. Your deposit will be forfeited if you cancel the birthday booking within 14 days of the booked date.
b) Party Rooms and Party Hosts will be paid in full at the time of the booking. If the party has more than 15 or more guests, the free room offer will be deducted from the remaining balance on the day of the party.
c) The remaining balance of the birthday booking must be paid in full on the day before the party commences.
a) Your deposit/payment on all items will be forfeited if you cancel the birthday booking within 14 days of the booked date.
b) Cancellations made more than 14 days before the party, will be entitled to a refund of their 50% deposit on packages and party extras.
a) No external food or drink is allowed into ice arena, except for:
• Birthday cakes
• Allergy safe foods
b) If children with allergies are attending, please notify staff at the earliest possible moment, so that options can be discussed.
c) We only provide paper plates, serviettes, cutlery, knives, lighter or matches (for the candles), for the food we provide. If you bring your own birthday cake, we ask that you bring these items as well. However, please approach café staff on the day of your booking for any assistance required if you don’t not have these items.
d) A time for your food will be allocated to you on the day. This time cannot be changed, as we have multiple parties scheduled.
a) If lower than expected numbers arrive on the day and Cockburn Ice Arena has not been notified a day prior, you understand that the package has been prepared for final numbers booked and is expected to be paid for. However, parents can sub in for the missing numbers.
b) If more than expected numbers arrive on the day and Cockburn Ice Arena has not been notified at least 2 days prior, you understand that some items may not be available at short notice.
c) If a party room is booked for 15 or more people, and numbers drop to 14 or less, the room hire fee of $50 will apply.
Contact email@example.com for any further enquiries.
Cockburn Ice Arena values your privacy and takes care protecting the information you provide us. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for our website: www.cockburnicearena.com.au.
1. Personal Information
a) Our site uses a contact form for customers to request information, products, and services. When you create an account, we may collect some personal information, including your name, delivery address, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth and gender. Contact information is used to respond to enquiries and to provide information about our company, products, and services to our customers.
b) Financial information is used to bill the user for products and services. Those who engage in transactions with Cockburn Ice Arena are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Cockburn Ice Arena collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Cockburn Ice Arena.
a) This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Information sent through our payment gateway is handled through a secure server, and no information is left on our server for any extended period of time.
b) Strict procedures are in force in our offices to maintain the security of your information while your order or inquiry is being processed.
c) Cockburn Ice Arena does not disclose personally-identifying information to third parties. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities, or hinder the communication process, for example, if lesson dates or times change.
d) To unsubscribe from communications, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email and you will be removed from that mailing list.
Figure & Synchronized Skating Membership Agreement
WHAT YOUR MEMBERSHIP ENTITLES YOU TO
Your membership allows unlimited access to specific sessions, exclusively scheduled for figure skaters.
- A figure skating member for the purpose of this document refers to figure skaters and synchronised skaters using private ice during scheduled private sessions.
- Cockburn Ice Arena (hereafter referred to as C.I.A.) provides a freshly prepared ice surface, finished to a higher standard than for other sessions.
- Members can practise in any scheduled figure skating session* excluding off peak members.
- Members can attend any public ice skating session for the duration of their membership, but for safety reasons must not perform jumps or spins during busy sessions without permission.
- Figure skating sessions include access to the rink facilities, which include but are not limited to: skating surface, rinkside sound system, first aid facility and first aid trained staff, change rooms, ablutions (including showers), café, and pro shop. Coaches and members are required to supply their own iPhone or MP3 device and cords to play music.
- Members have access to over 28 hours of exclusive figure skating sessions per week. Public skaters cannot access this ice time.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By purchasing a figure skating membership, members agree to the following terms and conditions outlined below.
- Members must be medically sound to undertake ice skating training and agree to use C.I.A. facilities at their own risk. Members are aware that exercise is physically demanding, and participation in some activities may pose a risk to their health. Members agree to the standard risk conditions that are displayed at C.I.A. reception (appendix 1).
- Members agree to abide by the C.I.A. skating etiquette guidelines.
- Figure skaters and synchronised skaters must possess a valid membership to access private sessions. Members are provided with a card that allows access to the building, and are required to tag in prior to entry.
- Additional member cards can be purchased by parents/guardians at a cost of $15 per card.
- A member is an individual figure or synchronized skater. The member must have their own skates, and have completed the Learn to Skate program or equivalent (approved by C.I.A. management) or be invited by a coach (see introductory membership in clause 6).
- Members acknowledge these sessions are strictly for training. Refer to etiquette guidelines for more information.
- Memberships can be purchased in 30, 90, 180 or 365 day blocks. Prices vary according to membership type. For new members the membership term is activated the day the membership is purchased. For existing members the membership term will recommence on the day after the expiry date. Prices are subject to review yearly.
Introductory Membership is available one time only when you commence your skating career.
- Invited skaters from any rink, or skaters who have completed Learn to Skate but has not yet sat the ISA Preliminary test.
- Any new synchronised skaters joining a team who have not passed their Preliminary test.
- The introductory membership voucher issued by the coach must be presented to reception at the time of purchasing an introductory membership.
Introductory 365 day: $750
Figure Skating Membership is for someone who has completed Learn to Skate and is currently working on any ISA test from Preliminary to Senior, is competing or is a recreational skater.
Figure skating 30 day: $175
Figure skating 90 day: $450
Figure skating 180 day: $800
Figure skating 365 day: $1,500
Off Peak Figure Skating Membership is for someone who has completed Learn to Skate and is currently working on any ISA test from Preliminary to Senior, is competing or is a recreational skater and only skates Monday to Friday morning between the hours of 6am and 10am (clause d above still applies)
Off Peak Figure skating 30 day: $125
Off Peak Figure skating 90 day: $300
Off Peak Figure skating 180 day: $550
Off Peak Figure skating 365 day: $950
Family Skating Membership is for two skaters from the same immediate family. One skater mus be 18 or under. Family memberships cannot be upgraded from a current figure skating membership. Once the membership term has expired then a family membership can be purchased.
For example, Johnny has a 3 month figure skating membership. His sister Nadine joins at month 2 of the membership. She must purchase a 1 month individual figure skating membership. When both memberships expire, then they can purchase a family membership.
Family 30 day: $250
Family 90 day: $675
Family 180 day: $1,100
Family 365 day: $2,000
*For families with 3 or more skaters enquire with management.
Synchronised (Synchro) Membership is available for purchase by an active synchronised skater attending team training. Skaters must possess a valid letter from Ice Synchro WA. stating that they are a current skating member. Synchronised skaters hire ice time for team training and pay weekly ice time fees to Ice Synchro WA. Synchro members normally practise in figure skating sessions to complete test levels needed to compete in synchro and for individual practise. Synchro members can practise in formation of no more than two skaters in busy sessions and no more than three skaters in quiet sessions:
Synchro 30 day: $125
Synchro 90 day: $300
Synchro 180 day: $550
Synchro 365 day: $950
- First time generation of a membership and membership card is free, however any members who let their membership lapse for a period of seven days and then wish to renew their membership will be required to pay a $30 reactivation fee upon their return. C.I.A. is unable to activate a profile that has been lapsed for longer than 6 months. If the member choses to return after 6 months, the member will need to have a new profile created. Any loyalty points earned by the deleted profile will be lost.
- Skaters coming out of Learn to Skate will have their existing membership card upgraded to include different levels of building access. Please present your existing card at reception at the time of purchasing a figure skating membership.
- Members can suspend their membership for any reason, provided the duration of the suspension is 30 – 180 consecutive days. Members must advise C.I.A. via email to firstname.lastname@example.org two days before the member recommences skating after suspension, so the profile can be reactivated (or doors will not open).
- However an administration fee of $30 will apply to any member wishing to suspend their membership (minimum term of suspension is 30 days) for the following reasons:
- Holiday/ general suspensions
In order for the suspension to be granted the member must apply in writing to email@example.com no less than 14 days prior to the proposed suspension date. C.I.A. will recommence the unused portion of your membership upon your return. Members will not be granted a suspension if they apply after the holiday.
- Injury suspensions
In order for the suspension to be granted, the member must present a medical certificate within 30 days of the date of injury.
- Holiday/ general suspensions
- However an administration fee of $30 will apply to any member wishing to suspend their membership (minimum term of suspension is 30 days) for the following reasons:
- Cockburn Ice Arena closes annually for a short break, normally from December 23 to January 2. Memberships will be extended by the number of days the arena is closed each year.
- A flat rate late fee of $30 will apply to any membership overdue by more than 7 days. If your membership expires, your swipe cards will not allow access to any part the building. Please attend during staffed hours.
- Members who allow access to non-members or members with lapsed membership will immediately lose their membership privileges. This is for members’ personal safety as well as business reasons. During non-staffed hours (normally early mornings), if a member does not have their card, they will not have access to any part of the building. The member should not expect or ask anyone else (including coaches) to let them into the facility. Even when the building is staffed, members must tag in with their membership card at all times.
- In the event of a lost or stolen card, a replacement card can be created at a cost of $30 per card.
- Current health legislation prohibits the changing of shoes and skates in the café or restaurant. All members must use the changing rooms, toilets or grandstand to get changed.
- No refund or credit will be given for any issued membership if the member ceases their skating career for whatever reason (including injury).
- C.I.A. reserves the right to cancel any session or change the timetable at short notice. No credit will be issued for these cancelled sessions. Skaters will be notified via email prior to the session cancellation.
- An automatic membership extension will be granted in the following circumstances:
- If a major event is being held and all sessions are cancelled
- Maintenance shut down results in no sessions for more than 3 consecutive days
- An automatic membership extension will be granted in the following circumstances:
- Members must provide a valid email address and phone number for all communication.
- At this stage membership does not grant access to the ballet room – the ballet room must be hired. Coaches will hire the room for off-ice training and skaters are welcome to enquire about hiring the room.
- The following documents form part of this agreement, and are provided to all new members:
- Standard C.I.A. Risk Guidelines (referred to in clause 1)
- Etiquette Guidelines (referred to in clause 2)
- C.I.A. Map with tag points highlighted (referred to in clause 3)
- Ice skating, the use of the ice skating rink and the use of ice skates are subject to risks. These may include death, serious head, hand, wrist, knee, hip and ankle injuries and lacerations. If you have a pre-existing medical condition, it is important that you seek medical advice before participating in this activity.